Saturday, March 19, 2011

Supporting Business that Support Us

Along with my family's boycott of certain businesses who support Walker's attack on the middle class, we are also informing the businesses that we do support that their money is coming from middle class workers.  Today, for example, I sent Target this email:

"I am a public worker in Wisconsin.  Because of the support they have given Governor Walker in his plan to ruin the middle class. and because of their poor treatment of their workers, my family has decided to boycott Wal-mart, which is the closest store to out home.  Instead, we have decided to take our hard earned money to Target.  I know the Target corporation has gotten into trouble in the past for its support of a candidate who opposed gay marriage, but it rectified that by giving money to the opposition.  As a consumer, I expect the places I shop to remain politically neutral.  I am tired of Corporate America buying out our politicians.  I also do not want the money I am spending at your store to go to the CEO.  I want my money to go to the employees of Target, to improve their salaries and their lives.  As long as Target continues to try to remain politically neural and continues to improve the lives of their workers. then my family will continue to spend our money at Target rather than its competitors.  Thank you."

Want to contact Target?  Here's how:
 http://www.target.com/gp/help/display-contact-us-form.html?displayLink=tsq



What else can you do?  Whenever you go out to eat and pay the bill, write "I am a public worker" or  I will support businesses that support workers."  Let businesses know where their profits are coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment