Wednesday, March 23, 2011

R-E-S-P-E-C-T


When I entered my career as a public school educator, little did I know the lack of respect there would be for what I did every day.  Never, in my wildest dreams would I have imagined being called lazy, a bottom feeder, a leech, a thug, and other, much worse names.

It's clear to me that Scott Walker does not respect the effort and education it takes to be a teacher. A teacher needs to have education in child development, teaching methodology, and child psychology.  A bachelor's degree does not mean someone can teach.  But what's really come as a slap in the face is Walker's provision that teachers with revoked licenses can come back to teach in charter schools.

Really, this goes back to the general lack of respect for us "lower class citizens"- the working and middle class.  And to Walker's seemingly lack of ethics and common decency.  Really, now, is someone who is willing to put an individual with a criminal record in front of our children showing us the respect we as humans deserve?

See what William Cronon has to say... I couldn't agree with him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment